Curious AI develops state-of-the-art deep learning and reasoning methods and applies them in enterprise automation and industrial control.
We are a decidedly international, 25-strong deep tech team in downtown Helsinki, Finland. At Curious AI engineers and scientists work side by side, learning from each other’s strengths. As AI moves at a breakneck pace, we hold internal workshops and paper clubs to share the knowledge of our talented specialists.
We are looking for Research Scientists and Senior Research Scientists who can apply modern machine learning and deep learning to real-world problems and who can express themselves fluently in Python. In this important role, you build bridges between theory and practice, and will both further develop state of the art AI technology and apply it in real-world cases.
We expect you to have experience in working with complex real-world data, for instance, time series, computer vision, or natural language. Ideally, you should be capable of autonomous original research within a team.
As a Research Scientist you’ll get to:
- Develop novel state-of-the-art algorithms through a deep understanding of the methods and theory
- Implement analytically rigorous solutions to challenging real-world problems
- Mentor fellow team members on how to work with complex learning algorithms
- Learn about cognitive functions such as attention, memory, and planning
Senior Research Scientists have furthermore ideally finished their PhDs in a relevant field, and bring either a self-motivated research background or industry experience. In addition to the above, we expect you to:
- Evaluate the feasibility of and plan AI solution strategies for identified real-world problems
- Lead teams in effectively solving novel problems
- Follow the scientific AI community, and educate and spread knowledge of recent deep learning and AI technologies
We like to work with Python 3 and PyTorch. Our proprietary computing cluster makes sure our specialists have the fastest tools for the specific task at hand.
Areas we are currently working on include: Deep reinforcement learning, Few-shot learning, Online learning, Active learning, Natural language understanding, Planning, and Reasoning.
Please apply by sending your CV, cover letter and a sample of Python code you are proud of to firstname.lastname@example.org
- Python (Programming Language)
- Deep Learning
- Artificial Intelligence (AI)
- Machine Learning
- Data Science
- Bayesian inference